CROWN GARAGE DOORS AND SHUTTERS PTY LTD PRODUCT WARRANTY
1. MANUFACTURER’S PRODUCT WARRANTY
Subject to statutory guarantees, the Manufacturer warrants
against defects in materials & workmanship from the date of
purchase for the periods specified:
Domestic/Residential use – 2 years for steel door
curtain & associated labour & 1 year for surface
coating, locking mechanism, all other components &
associated labour (excludes salt corrosion).
Industrial/Commercial use – 1 year for all
components, motors & labour (excludes salt
Steel Sectional Door
Domestic/Residential use – 2 years for steel door panel &
associated labour & 1 year for surface coating, locking
mechanism, all other components & associated labour.
Industrial/Commercial (High usage doors) use– 1 year for all
components, motors & labour.
(Labour not included after 2 years)
Smooth doors are subject to oil canning. The degree of oil
canning may vary and cannot be determined. This is not a
warranty issue. Please confirm that the end user is aware of
this prior to ordering the door.
Cedar/Timber Sectional Door
Domestic/Residential use – 2 years for frame &
associated labour & 1 year for cladding material,
locking mechanism & all other components &
associated labour (excludes salt corrosion).
Industrial/Commercial use – 1 year for all components, motor &
Customer supplied cladding is not covered by this warranty.
All timber doors must be sealed / painted on both sides prior to
Tilt Door Fittings
Domestic/Residential – 1 year for all components & labour.
Domestic/Residential use – Please refer to motor manual
(Labour not included after 2 years)
Associated labour only applies when installed directly by
Crown garage Doors and Shutters Pty Ltd or subsidiary companies.
2. CLAIM PROCEDURE
To raise a claim under this warranty you must:
2.2 Produce a copy of the Crown garage doors and shutters
purchase invoice and;
2.3 Provide evidence or return goods to Crown garage doors and shutters.
2.4 Where a product has been sold by Crown garage doors and shutters,
make all warranty claims directly with the manufacturer or;
2.5 Where a product has been sold by an approved
distributor, make all warranty claims directly with the
approved distributor from which you purchased the
3. DISTRBUTORS & APPROVED AGENTS
This warranty applies to customers, approved distributors
and approved agents who purchase directly from the
manufacturer. An approved distributor are those who are
approved to resell Crown garage doors and shutters
products, purchasing on an open account for the purpose of
supplying Crown garage doors and shutters products
to end users. An approved agent is contracted by
Crown garage doors and shutters for installation purposes.
4.TERMS AND CONDITIONS
(1) The terms of acceptance of this quotation remain valid for one month from the date hereof and acceptance thereafter is subject to the right of Crown GDS P/L. to revise prices and terms quoted.
(2) Delivery will be subject to the manufacturers loading at the time the order is placed, but normally will be 7-10 working days from receipt of an official order or progress payment and time when accurate site measurements can be taken.
(3) The opening should be correctly prepared for the products quoted in size, detail and suitability as no responsibility of any kind is accepted for any damage or inability to install arising through any unsuitability of the opening or building.
(4) Further to term 3 above,Crown GDS P/L. will not accept any responsibility for the malfunction of an installation or improper operation caused by the incorrect work of others.
(5) Prices are based on access, normal working conditions, electricity and other necessary requirements being made available on site. Provision has not been made for any special site conditions or allowances that may apply.
(6) All care but no responsibility is taken for damage to glass, plastic, signs, shop fittings etc.
(7) Orders placed in writing or verbally, cannot be cancelled.Crown GDS P/L. will negotiate to cease work and a minimum charge of not less than 50% of the quoted sum will be paid by the purchaser.
(8) Installation will be carried out as close as possible to the requested dates but no responsibility will be taken for any claims associated with failure to comply with agreed installation date.
(9) For industrial/commercial installations requiring a roller shutter to be motorized, the motor will be fitted by Crown GDS P/L. However the mounting of starting stations and all electrical wiring and limit adjustment must be carried out by a licenced electrician.
(10) Warranty on all installations is covered by the specific manufacturer’s conditions but is usually 12 months parts and 3 months labour on domestic, commercial and industrial installations. Warranty on High Cycle Car park doors (40+ cars per day are covered for 3 months parts and labour). Please note that we highly recommend that ongoing services are carried out to maintain a highly functioning door. Car park doors are recommended to be services every month and factory doors are recommended yearly.
(11) Roller shutters and garage doors that are painted by Crown GDS P/L. must be left 3-5 days to allow paint to cure. Operation of doors during curing time will void paint warranty.
(12) Please note that all accounts with Crown GDS P/L are strictly 7 days unless otherwise approved. Payments must be paid within our trading terms and if we do not receive payment your account may be passed onto a third party for recovery. Any bad debts are passed and placed onto a bad credit register.
(13) Retentions will not be accepted under any circumstances.
(14) Crown GDS P/L does not wait for insurance claims
(15) Safe Work Method Statements are to be organised upon approval of any job that is required. We must also be informed of any inductions at the time of quoting.
(16) Additional costs may be incurred on top of the quoted amount if Crown GDS have not been notified of any induction requirements prior to the quote being accepted.
(17)Additional costs may be incurred on top of the quoted amount if Crown GDS have not been informed of Safe Work Method Statements being required prior to the quote being accepted.
(18) The installation will not including the Power Point and extension cable, customer need to prepare the Power Point and extension cable by themself.
5. WARRANTY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This warranty applies to the product where it is used,
maintained & serviced in accordance with the
Manufacturers purpose, and the care and maintenance
requirements. Warranties are void if the product is used for
any other purpose other than those intended by the
5.2 Installation by approved agents
The warranty applies to defects or malfunction of the
product resulting from faulty installation by an approved
agent. Any product installed by a non-approved agent is
not covered under this warranty.
5.3 Repair or Replace
This warranty covers repairs in a manner that the
Manufacturer considers reasonable including, if
necessary, the touch-up of surface coatings. If a
replacement is required this decision is at the sole
discretion of the Manufacturer.
5.4 Proven Defects
This warranty only applies to the repair or replace of
proven defects in materials & workmanship.
Proof of defect must be provided in the form a
photographic image or by returning the product to the
5.5 Proof of Purchase Date
Pursuant to clause 2, proof of purchase date is the
date shown on the original invoice supplied by the
manufacturer. This invoice is required when
making a claim.
5.6 Environmental Conditions
This warranty does not cover damage to surface coatings
or the base materials of the product or motors caused by
the proximity to the seafront or similar corrosive conditions.
Any extreme weather conditions are not covered by this
warranty. Crown garage doors and shutters automatic
opener products are not covered by product warranties
where they have been installed in environments, which
allow them to encounter excessive heat, moisture or
humidity (e.g. carport applications).
6 LIMITS ON LIABILITY
6.1 The liability of Crown garage doors and shutters to
the Buyer in relation to the supply of the Product is limited to
direct loss or damage to tangible property caused to the
Buyer be up to an amount not exceeding the purchase price
received by Crown garage doors and shutters for the Product.
6.2 The liability of Crown garage doors and shutters
to the Buyer whether in tort (including negligence),
contract, breach of statutory
duty, equity or otherwise arising from the
relationship between them is excluded to the fullest
extent permitted by law.
7. SPECIFIC EXCEPTIONS
Without limiting clause 6.1 Crown garage doors and shutters
will not be liable for any loss or damage caused directly or indirectly by;
7.1 operating a Product by any device, electronic or
otherwise, which was not installed or supplied by
Crown garage doors and shutters;
7.2 any masonry, rendered, or other surfaces cracking or
collapsing during or after the installation of the Product;
7.3 any defect or deterioration of timber, including drying out
after installation of product;
7.4 any weakening or collapse of the structure to which the
Product is affixed occurring at any time after installation;
7.5 Any damage to or deterioration in the
condition of the Product occurring after
delivery and before installation; or
7.6 Any other circumstance or event arising as a direct or
indirect consequence or failure to any person to follow
installation, use or maintenance instructions as issued
by Crown garage door and shutters from time to time.
8. MODEL MODIFICATIONS
Product warranties do not cover any modifications Made to
existing or future models of the product in products sold
under these warranties.
9. LABOUR & MATERIALS
Pursuant to Clause 1, product warranties cover either the
cost of the faulty component (s) & the labour involved in
replacing / repairing the faulty component(s), or the
component (s) only. Product Warranties do not cover
indirect expenses such as, but not limited to, travel
10. ALTERATION TO WARRANTY TERMS
No representative or agent of the Manufacturer has the
authority to alter the terms or coverage of this warranty.
Crown garage doors and shutters pty ltd- 99 carrington st, Revesby
CARE & MAINTENANCE
Garage door kits are supplied with hardware and tracks in
purposeful condition that require care and attention. To keep
all hardware and tracks in working condition refer to the
following for instructions:
1. To lubricate all moving parts Crown garage doors and shutters
recommend using CRC 5-56 or WD40 White Lithium Grease spray
and then follow the application guidelines on the product.
2. To clean all tracks we recommend using a dry light brush to
remove all corrosive debris i.e. heavy industrial dust or salt
from open water sources.
3. Crown garage doors and shutters products that are used
more frequently i.e. constantly opened and closed, should be
maintained more regularly. Recommended timeframe for
standard use is once every 6months, and for more frequent
users this should be every 2-3months.
BY A GARAGE INDUSTRY PROFESSIONAL. Crown Garage
Doors and Shutters reserves the right ‘PLEASE PROVIDE
SERVICING RECEIPTS WITH WARRANTY CLAIMS.
Domestic/residential use – Servicing every 12 months is
Commercial use – Servicing every 6 months is required*
High usage/Main entry doors – servicing every 3-6
months is required*
*Adjustment: If any moving part or tracks require adjustment
and the product was installed by a Crown garage doors and
shutters approved agent, contact our office immediately.
MANUFACTURES PLASTIC PROTECTION LAYER
Garage doors are installed with a protective plastic. Removal
of this plastic is to be done within 20 days of installation.
Plastic that remains in place after this time, may void warranty
of the door.
NB: To remove the plastic Crown garage doors and shutters
recommends using a microfiber cloth and eucalyptus oil to
remove any excess residue. DO NOT USE sharp objects to
remove plastic as damaged and scratching may occur.
WARNING REGARDING FLOOR SEALERS
Crown garage doors and shutters recommends a breaker seal
(barrier strip) in-between the bottom door seal and non-concrete finishes,
(eg. epoxy resin sealers paint) as rubber seal may adhere to the epoxy
sealant to non-concrete surfaces or paint work.
COLORBOND® & Aluminum Composite / Opal Doors
Cleaning: Use a soft bristled brush and clean water to clear corrosive
contaminants from the steel. Corrosive contaminants include but not
limited to salt water deposits and/or deposits from industrial sites.
Frequency: 3 monthly.
Those areas closer to open waters or industrial sites should apply these
cleaning products every 1month.
Cedar/timber Sectional Door
Cleaning: Prior to applying finish product remove any debris from the cedar
panels and ensure the doors is completely dry.
Application of stain or paints:
Follow the guideline from your selected coating product and ensure you
have coated both sides of each panel. Failing to follow the product
application guideline will void the warranty. All cedar material must be
coated or sealed prior to installation. Dark stain/paint should be avoided
and will void the warranty. If panels are dropped off prior to install for
application, the profile and size must be checked prior to application.
Crown garage doors and shutters will not cover the application/.
labour cost if panels are incorrect
Application Frequency: Crown garage doors and shutters recommends
that you follow the manufacturer’s guidelines from the selected finish
product. If you have received a cedar door already coated you should
reapply the same oil coating within 30 days of receiving the door, and
every 12 months thereafter.
WARNING – DO NOT APPLY THE SAME CARE AND MAINTENANCE
ON ANY SUPPLIED AUTOMATIC